Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Wet Day in Cuernavaca

Today was less exciting than usual. I had a delicious omelet for breakfast with salsa and toast. My literatura class seems to be my most difficult class, definitely more difficult than I expected. It might get easier, but the first story we're reading is difficult for me to comprehend. I have enough trouble reading in English, I find reading in Spanish to be even more difficult. My conversation class is much easier and we talk about topics that I find interesting and relevant to my life. I had my first Mexican Coke and I also checked the ingredients and no corn syrup or high fructose corn syrup in sight, lol. Fue muy rico y dulce. Me gusto mucho.
Well, for our cultural class, we did Salsa dancing. A lot of people in my class are new to the dance. For the salsa lesson, we just did some basic steps. We then had a Meringue lesson where we did combinations. We didn't have enough boys in the class, so I decided to dance the boy part so I would be able to teach Nick the dance moves when I go back home. It actually was easier than I thought it would be. This one part was really confusing, but I got it eventually. After class we went back for lunch. We had sopa de crema, las albondigas (meatballs), and tortillas. It was really good as Lila's food always is. Real Mexican food is so much better than TexMex. This afternoon was really slow because my roommate and I stayed here doing and avoiding homework, lol. We both have difficult homework we need to do. We had our first tropical rain today, OH! I finished taking pictures of the house today, so I put them all into the above slideshow (I also added a couple of Benji :-]). Anyways, so it started raining, and that didn't go so well because rain's a little difficult to photograph, so I took my t-shirt off, leaving my tank top, and I went outside and just walked around and soaked up the rain. I did soak up the rain, I was pretty wet, lol. So I came back inside and warmed up and everything. My roommate made us mochas with Hershey's chocolate and Mexican coffee which was really good and kept us up pretty late. For dinner, I had quesadillas, which were pretty good. The rest of the evening was spent doing homework and downloading Nigerian music, lol. My roommate told me about all types of music she loves, so I watched videos and Youtube and downloaded some. I also got my school ID today and the picture actually turned out nice. I like my ID. It also has my address on it, which is helpful, lol. The picture is of me soaked in rain water, and my roommate in the background, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment