Thursday, July 29, 2010

Almost to the finish line


Today was alright. We just did more reading in historia y en conversacion, Melany and Doug did their topics. I'm doing mine tomorrow. Melany talked about her trip to Italy, and it was really interesting. Doug talked about...I don't remember. He talked about all the different careers he had, I think. I mean, I know that's what he talked a lot about, but I don't know if that was his topic. I'm guessing it is. I had Salsa as my culture class. I love the Salsa teacher. When I'm not wearing heels, he's probably about my height, maybe a little shorter. He's so skinny too! He's got this giant smile and the greatest mannerisms! Like, he's not like a wire skinny but he's very slim. He's got a little muscle in his brazos but he's really slim. I helped Nathan during his private lessons with Johnathan after school again today, and we did this move where like, the guy pulls me and my arm goes around the guy and it was just weird cuz he was so thin. Haha, and it's also interesting to dance with him because he's shorter then me in my heels. I think I'll get a picture with him next week. He's really good. He keeps time well, he knows to spin me when I step forward, not backwards. Es muy importante, jaja. Nathan has gotten pretty good too. He's even started adding a little style. ;-) I need to work on my style, too. I just need to get more comfortable with the movements. I'm also getting really good at moving my hips when I dance. It's kinda funny, in class, the guys will get lost, so I'll have to tell them what to do and give them tips and stuff. It's fun, I enjoy the Salsa class. :-) So, after 2 hours of Salsa, I went home and had an ENORMOUS meal. Gena feeds me EXTREMELY well. I was so full, and I ate late, so I didn't have dinner. I had coffee and a peanut cookie for dinner, lol. I then took a nap for about an hour. I think it was a little more than that. Anyways, I started writing my paper due today, but didn't finish because I went out. It was Onna's last night, so we went to Carlos N Charlie's. I wore my new skirt and looked so cute! <3 We were sat and drank our bebidas gratis. (she had rum and coke and I had tequila and that fresca stuff. Onna thought it was funny that it took me like 2 hours to drink my drink while she had like two or three, lol. she said i was "baby-sitting" my drink) While we sat there talking, a Cuernavance came up to us and was like, "My friends aren't here, can I hang out with you guys?" Of course we were like yeah. She spoke to us in English and apparently her boyfriend is from Indiana, so her English was pretty good. When Onna went to the bathroom she talked to me in Spanish, so I could practice my Spanish. We also met a guy from Dallas, Texas, and a guy from Switzerland. We also talked to a couple other Mexicanas, and they're the ones in the above picture. One of them, though, lives in Toluca Lake in CA. So that was pretty cool. I enjoyed Carlos N Charlies. Ran into one of my classmates and talked to her for a bit. Onna and I then went to Jet where the rest of Kukulcan was. Jet was ok. I preferred Carlos N Charlies because they played more Spanish music, for one, and there were more people. I still had fun because there were more people that I knew at Jet. I stayed out a little too late pero bueno, todo esta bien. Wow, it is almost 3 am. Ok, I think this is the end of my blog, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment