Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mi Primer Noche En Los Arcos


Omg, I just got back from my best night out of my entire trip. Tuesday night is Los Arcos and everyone from Kukulcan must have been there and all of Cuernavaca must have been there and at the Zocalo. School wasn't interesting. I'm enjoying my conversation teacher a whole lot. As well as the rest of my classmates. At last! I have classmates! Lol. So, after school, I took a nap and then Oyinna and I walked to Wal*Mart to get some things. I think Oyinna's gonna cook herself dinner tomorrow night. And I bought ice cream M&M flavor, something familiar, and Limon flavor, something Mexican. :-) I am quite happy that I can have ice cream every afternoon now. I've missed ice cream so much, lol. (Yes, Mom, even more than you, lol) After Wal*Mart I talked 2 Nick, had dinner, and quickly prepared for Los Arcos. My taxi driver for some reason didn't know where Los Arcos was and it was good he called because I got it mixed up with another bar and woulda sent him the wrong direction. Well, I got there, eventually, and a live band was performing. I was about to walk inside when some of my friends walked out and were like "we're gonna go dance." So, Los Arcos is situated across from the Zocalo on one of the four sides adjacent to El Palacio De Cortes. It's in this giant building but between it and the Zocalo is a walkway. Not a street like the other sides of the Zocalo, but a walkway so it's for pedestrians only. Los Arcos is open and the band is outside so ppl were dancing in the walkway in front of Los Arcos, so I decided to stay outside and dance with my friends. I danced with my friend Chris, the sixteen year old, and he didn't do a kind of dance I was familiar with, lol, but it was still fun. I had trouble following him at the beginning of the night but by the end I got it down pretty well, lol. We took a break when the band did, and he got me a Pina Colada, mi preferido, jaja. Some other girls hung out outside while we waited for the band to start again. They found a dance partner who was really good at salsa, so I danced with him at one point. A lot of dancing, basically, lol. With a live band! Los Arcos is the best. Totally going every Tuesday night for the rest of my trip. I LOVE that place and wish we had a Los Arcos or something similar in Long Beach there. The picture above is me and Lila, my host mom, and below is me on top of the mountain at Tepotzlan with a view of the pueblo in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment