Friday, July 9, 2010

Un Descubrimiento Nuevo De Cuernavaca


Last night we went to Carlos N Charlie's. I really liked el ambiente of that place. It was very chill. the lighting and decorations were pretty awesome. Maybe next time I go I'll take pictures. So we went around 9:30 and ladies get free drinks from 9-11, so we got free drinks. All we could get tho were rum & coke, tequila & carbonated grapefruit juice, and vodka & jugo. I tried ordering a pina colada even tho I was willing to pay, but the guy wouldn't bring it to me, so I just got a rum & coke and gave it to my friend. The three of us girls had a nice time. There weren't a lot of ppl tho but I guess they were all coming when we left around 11. Us girls had a nice time, tho. One of the guys from school who was there early tried offering to buy us drinks but we got them for free. It was sweet of him to offer tho. I like girls night out once in a while. Today was really nice, except for the morning. This morning, the school had trouble with the traveler's checks so a small group of us had to go to the bank to get it sorted out, so we missed our tests. Fortunately, I was able to take and complete my test within the half hour before my class was over so I wouldn't have to do it during conversation. We spent 2 hrs at the bank which was so annoying. Conversation was really good, and I was worried that I would get a new conversation teacher next week but my teacher said she was going to be my literatura teacher AND that my literatura class will recieve 4 more students which means that hopefully my conversation class will receive 4 more as well. Yes! Also, I found out yesterday that a group of French students were coming on Monday. I learned today that they are all staying on campus and are like, 15 and 16 years old. So we probably won't mix with them much. For our excursion today, we went to the Brady Museum, but it's more of a house full of artwork and arranged a particular way as opposed to a museum. After the Brady Museum, Oyinna, Onna, and I walked to Palacio Del Cortez to go to the little market there. On our way, we passed a Domino's and boy were Oyinna and Onna excited. The pizza was really good and Oyinna and I both had agua de jamaica (which we can't get in the US but both TOTALLY love). They gave us each a packet of hot sauce, ketchup, and Tabasco sauce. Being the spice lovers that we are, Oyinna and I put hot sauce on our pizza which was actually really good. And when I ordered, all I said was "esto y agua de jamica" and he asked me if I spoke Spanish. Then I told him my name was Violeta. Whenever I speak Spanish, that's what I say my name is even if I'm talking to Americans. We continued on and went to the little market. They had lots of handmade handicrafts and souvenirs. I didn't buy anything but I would come back within my last 2 weeks to buy stuff. We found a great dress shop near the palace where I will buy my dress. The dresses weren't that expensive but were so beautiful. :-) We didn't go inside the palace but took pics outside it. We didn't go inside cuz we woulda had to pay so we're just gonna wait 2 go w/the school. We went to the Zocalo, which is a park right next to the palace, and I think they were doing some sort of event for the World Cup or something cuz there was like a giant tv screen showing Ice Age 2 or something and like a place to play soccer. Oyinna, Onna, and I took pictures in front of the arena and this like pole or whatever and these two boys in the background posed too. It was really funny. Then! These like, middle school kids came up to us and asked for pictures with us so we took a bunch of pictures with these kids. They seemed very sweet. That's happened so many times. This is the first time I've gotten pictures on MY camera. Overall, today was an eventful day. Tomorrow I'm going with the group to Mexico City to the Frida Khalo museum and some market or something in the morning. It should be exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment