Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bailar

This morning, before school, Oyinna returned from her weekend away with her husband. She is a much happier Oyinna. :-) Class was normal. Thankfully we didn't talk about politics again in conversation. My teacher did give me a speech about not talking during class. I just have classmates who are native speakers and dominant. And we were talking about credit or something! It was so boring. Plus, like I said, I had classmates who were dominant so it's difficult for me to engage in conversations when other people are aggressive talkers. Plus they were native so it was easier to jump in with responses. It's so interesting, one girl in my class looks like she's Korean, but she's half Cuban and half Mexican. I wonder where the Korean is because she does not look Latin AT ALL. This afternoon, for my cultural class, I had cooking where we made guacamole and tortilla chips. OMG!!!! That was the best guacamole I've ever had. So GOOD! All the vegetables were fresh and it tasted so good. You could taste the freshness. Never again, store bought guacamole, jaja. Nathan had a dance lesson after school and needed a dance partner, so I agreed. He is so much better than he was last week. Johnathan would show him how to dance macho then Nathan would make fun of him then Johnathan would be like, "Exacto! Exacto!" Nathan really struggled but he got it. He's pretty good now. We'll practice tonight at Los Arcos. Lila had lunch for me when I got back, which was really nice. Then I took a nap. I have to get ready for Los Arcos soon. Haha, Nathan was joking with Johnathan that he can like, give him signals at Los Arcos. It is raining with thunder and lightening, but we'll see. :-) I enjoy dancing with Nathan because he's getting quite a bit better. Below is my video of Taxco. It is a very picturesque pueblo. It's kinda big but really pretty, and I wish I would have had more time in that pueblo. Maybe another time. I still prefer Tepotzlan but maybe if I had more time at Taxco, I would have enjoyed it more. All the taxis, like in Acapulco, were VW bugs, haha. They were pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment