Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Un Dia Malo :-(

Today wasn't the best day. Last night was a lot of fun. I danced with my friends, drank 2 Pinadas, and just hung out. It was a lot of fun. I was worried about the rain, but it wasn't bad enough to stop the dancing. I really had a good time. There are always a lot of people at Los Arcos on Tuesdays, and they have a live band. Today was not a very good day. Yesterday, my eye was pink, and this morning when I woke up it was still pink and the skin around my eyes was a little swollen. So, when I got to school I asked Haifa about talking to the doctor, and she's only at school on Mondays and Thursdays, but I didn't want to wait for it to get worse, so she called the doctor and told her all that was wrong with my eye, and she prescribed a specific type of golpas, different than the kind I got yesterday. Haifa then called the pharmacy and asked how much it would cost, so I gave her the money, and I picked it up from her in the afternoon. By the end of the day when I put my eye drops in again when my eye was a little irritated, it was looking better. The other good part of the day was that I had a cold all day. Yay! I was so miserable all day, but I can't miss class, so I went straight home after school. When I got home, I realized I left my laundry at school, so I don't really have any clean clothes. Today was just not good. I felt better after a 3 hour nap, but still. I should be better tomorrow.
One thing I've been wanting to mention about the homes here, is that they don't really look like homes from the outside because they all have a wall around them. All the houses I've seen. It's interesting. Very seclusive, though.
Today, class wasn't to bad. We did chistes again and learned some idioms in conversation class. We did the pulseras AGAIN in art class, which was kinda annoying. This way, though, I was able to make one for my mom. Still, it would be nice to get some variety. In literatura, we finished the Jorge Luis Borges story by the end of the second block, so we had an interesting and intense conversation about Cuba and Mexicans traveling to the US during the final block. It was interesting.
I don't know, I didn't have a very good day. Tomorrow will be better. I paid for my Taxco and Xochicalco trip, so I'm excited about that. The only one of my friends that I know is going is my friend Lisa. I still can't believe I only have 2 1/2 weeks left, this trip has gone by so fast. I am very blessed to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment