Saturday, July 31, 2010

Final Good-Byes

Whoo! Past couple days have been quite busy. Yesterday, I had my exams. I turned in my history essay, and I think I did pretty well on that. Then for conversation, I had to talk about my theme. My theme was how I ended up in Kukulcan. The only question I was asked by my classmates was "Are you happy you came here?" and my response was that I was so happy. I did make the right decision. After conversation was many good-byes. Then we went on the excursion to El Castillito, which is a small castle that's now a photographic museum of Cuernavaca, and the cliff thing. I don't remember the name. The castle was cool, and the cliffs were really nice. A very green area in Cuernavaca. :-) Oyinna and I then walked with some of the group to el Centro and Oyinna and I went to the dress shop where she bought her dress and I bought my own. I love it! It's so pretty :-) Afterwards, we walked around a bit. We had nieve de coco and went to Burger King. All I had was an ice cream cone, lol. It was so good though! The vanilla ice cream actually tasted like vanilla ice cream not just like frozen milk or something. I have no regrets, lol. That was my lunch, actually. That and the Pop Tarts I had during the lunch break. We went back and took a nap. I showed up an hour late to Marco Polo, lol. But I didn't have to wait long for my food and everyone was visiting anyways, so it worked out. We were a much smaller group than last week. We walked to a bar where some people already were. Later, we split. Some people stayed, so I had to say good-bye to them, some people went to the gay bar, and I went with the group that went to this other place. It was ok. I should have gone to the gay bar. (That's where Oyinna was) I had a nice time with Robert and everyone. One of the girls was teaching me how to dance, lol, which was nice. I think I would have had more fun at the gay bar, but I did have a nice night overall. It just, so sad. This was probably the worst good-bye week. AH! No one's left! There are so few of us. At least the Long Beach girls are still here. There are a few I can party with this week. Not many though. Well, today, Oyinna and I spent the morning at home. We ate lunch with Lila and her friend. Lila made the amazing fish again. That stuff is so GOOD. I LOVE it. You can taste the sea. Well, after lunch we went to the ethnobotanic garden which is a garden that has plants native to the area. We got lots of really nice pictures. (One of them is above) We then walked to el Centro. On the way we picked up a cab because Oyinna was worried about being caught in the rain. We actually were able to wait out the light rain in the cafe we went to at el centro. Oyinna had a chai frape and I had a raspberry smoothie. Both were so GOOD. It's the same cafe where I had the hot chocolate last week. We then went to the falluca where I bought so much stuff, lol. Tons of DVD's and some Salsa music. We then just walked around El Centro. We enjoyed just watching people interact. It was cool. So many people were in El Centro, so much was going on. We walked around, took pictures, talked to a couple people, ate, and left. Not quite what I would expect of my last full Saturday in Cuernavaca, but definitely very, VERY nice. Very pleased with how I spent my day. Well, below is a slideshow of the cathedral in Cuernavaca. I talk about how pretty it is, so here's proof, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment