Saturday, July 10, 2010

Un Dia Larga en Ciudad de Mexico


Today we went to Ciudad de Mexico. We went to the Museo Dolores Olmedo which is basically her house and all the art she's collected from around the world. She has quite an AMAZING collection. The ivory collection made me a little uncomfortable but the jade was beautiful. She had tons of Diego Rivera's work and tons of really cool precolonial artwork. We then went to the Museo Frida Khalo. The Museo Frida Khalo is the Casa Azul where she and Diego Rivera lived. The house was full of their possessions and art. My favorite part was looking at the photographs that belonged to them. The pictures that Frida had taken, received, and had been in. They were so beautiful, and it was really interesting to see the life she had lived. Afterwards, we went to the park where there was the Bazar Artesanal Mexicano. They had a bunch of like, handmade beaded jewelry, silver, clothes. (A lot of clothes) And books. It was cool, but I guess the market at El Centro here in Cuernavaca is cheaper and has pretty much the same things. This market was huge, though. It was pretty cool. Then we went to have lunch/dinner at a apparently seafood restaurant. We just passed it on our way to the market and thought it looked good. So we went to this restaurant and while we were eating it started raining really hard and there was thunder and lightening. Most of us had Quesadillas de Pescado which was really good. We ate it with guacamole, lime, and hot sauce. I used one of my favorites, Valentino's. The toacos were only $45 pesos. They were really good, too. Bueno, we took a bathroom break and Lisa had to pay $3.50 pesos to use the restroom and we walked back to the bus. We stopped a couple times to shop but I was ready to get back on the dry bus and warm up. My sweater was fine, except I was wet. I wanted to buy a hat at the market, but I didn't find one. I did find this awesome rainbow headband that I will probably end up wearing every day. It's either that or get a haircut, lol. So, today's my roommie's birthday so tonight we're going out. Not sure to where yet, but definitely somewhere fun. :-) And somewhere with food cuz we're both hungry, especially Oyinna, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment