Wednesday, July 28, 2010

La Galeria

So, school was average today. History was normal. Just did a bunch of reading. We finally read about a woman. She was a nun. All the people we've read about until that point were men. And I looked at the next few pages that are all filled with men except for one more woman. Conversation, we continued the exercise where we interview someone. Except we continuously got off topic. I was interviewed today as la Madre Teresa. Someone questioned why it's more important to help the poor in other countries as opposed to USA. Well, because the poor in other countries are worse off than the poor in the USA, of course. There were other questions, and I was glad that I finally wasn't going to be in trouble for not talking when a) there are native speakers who are more talkative than I and b) the subject is completely boring. I got a chance to ask questions of the other students too, so that was good. I didn't go to my culture class because I hung out with Chris instead. Last night, at Los Arcos, I danced with Nathan. Apparently later, though, he hit another one of our classmates in the face, lol. But yeah, we danced for a while and then later I danced with Chris. We had a nice long talk afterwards. Anyways, we had another long talk during conversation class. After school was another graduation ceremony for the 60+ students who were leaving and I was definitely NOT about to attend that. Cool for the students graduating and they deserve a big ceremony, especially since there are so many of them, but that doesn't mean that I have to stick around. So Oyinna and I walked to the Panderia near the school. (I don't remember the name) Then we caught a cab back to the house where Gena had lunch for us. We got ready to go and went to the Galeria. We bought our tickets for Encuentro Explosivo, that Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise movie. Tickets were only 42 pesos!!!! That's so cheap!!! We then went shopping for a bit. There were quite a few Spanish stores there. We also went to a department store that had candy and OMG! The chocolate was so good. I bought 50 grams of chocolate, which isn't much, and what was called a carmalela or something. I actually don't remember what it's called. Oyinna bought some of the native candy. It's actually really interesting, a lot of the Mexican candy is like, chilis or fruit coated in like, some kind of spice or something. I'm not even sure. I don't like it so well. It's too bitter and sour for my taste. I like sour if there's some sweet to balance it, but there usually isn't. We walked around a bit more. We found one of my favorite Spanish stores! It's called Oysho, they have adorable pajamas and stuff. Oyinna bought a pair of shorts. So, we went to the movie and enjoyed it. I liked the character arch of Cameron Diaz's character. Afterwards, we went shopping some more :-P We went to Bershka, which is one of my favorite stores, and I found the cutest mini skirt in the entire world! I also found some really cute tanks for like, 70 pesos. I liked the shirt a lot, it's really cute, but I LOVED the skirt. It was a little expensive but not outrageous. Reasonable. 400 pesos which is good for a skirt but more than I wanted to spend on a single piece here in Mexico, but it is so worth every penny. Oyinna loved Bershka because the style of clothes was so unique. Which it is! I love that store too, I wish we had more in the US than the one I've seen in SF. The style is very Spanish, which is extremely stylish. Bershka is one of the more expensive stores in Spain, but it's still really reasonable especially with a sale. After that, we returned home. Had the sweetbread we bought at the panderia for dinner. It was pretty good. Just, it was getting kinda dry, so it's good that I ate it tonight. Today was ok, but this afternoon was really good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment