Saturday, July 24, 2010

Palacio De Cortes

Yesterday, we didn't have any cultural class, which really, REALLY irritated me because I didn't get cooking this week and that's my second favorite after salsa. For conversation, we talked about the states of Mexico, which was interesting. I turned in my essay in literatura and Norma liked it. I don't think she wouldn't like it, lol, but I'm glad I put in all the work I did. We didn't really do a whole lot after that. We talked about Cuernavaca. Then for the last block, Norma brought in one of her conversation packets and we talked about felicidad, AGAIN. I mean, we haven't talked about it in that class before but she and I talked about it in our conversation class together. I wonder what class I'll have next week. I really hope it's something more engaging than literatura. So, after school, we went to Palacio De Cortes for our excursion. It actually was really cool. The view from the top was really awesome and the museum was interesting. They had information about pre-colonial Mexico, colonial Mexico, the Mexican revolution, and post-revolutionary Mexico.

Afterwards, me and high school girl from Oakland, Elaina, went to the market next to the palace to do a little shopping. After a while, we met up with her mom, who's really nice. We walked to the Catedral but we didn't go inside because there was a wedding going on. So we hung out at the church there for a little while before going across the street to the cafe to meet with Jenny, the other girl from CalState Long Beach (I don't remember her name), and not too long after Douglas. Yes! I met another girl from CSULB. It was nice to talk to someone who knew which credits I was transferring over. She's a senior so she definitely wasn't transferring 300 classes. We all wanted churros y chocolate. We talked about them in class today and the weather definitely permitted it, but they didn't have any churros so we all just had chocolate. Except Douglas had a frappuccino, which looked really good. The chocolate was really good. Not the same as Spanish chocolate because this was more like the beverage than melted chocolate. it was still really good especially since they added cinnamon. Mm, never again will I have hot chocolate without cinnamon, lol. Douglas wanted to show us a bookstore, but there are tons all over the place, and I got HP 2 & 3 and a Mafalda book. I love Mafalda! She's hilarious! After shopping we went to La India Bonita, which supposedly has the best mole in Cuernavaca. I split a dish with Elaina's mom. The mole was really bitter, so I didn't like it so well. I guess the other CSULB girl's mole was sweet but they had a different dish than we did. It was good to try but I didn't like it so well. Maybe in small doses, but not a whole dish of them. Afterwards, Jenny, the other CSULB girl, and I went to Los Arcos. We didn't stay too long but the CSULB girl and I danced for a bit. Then Chris and I danced for a little while too. We danced in the rain and got soaked, lol. It was fun, though. Today was a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment