Monday, July 26, 2010

Counting Down the Days...

Well, I'm in my last class, on my last 2 weeks here. I can't believe it's almost over. I have just one more class, two weeks left. Gracias a Dios que esta semana I have Mexican Culture & History or whatever the heck it's called. We're using a textbook the Government published for the Mexicans for the Bicentennial so they know their history. Personally, I don't think that's a bad idea for our government to do except I don't believe that our people would read it, so I think a movie would be better for our culture. Even though a book about our history would be better. Anyways, so these next two weeks will be a breeze compared to the last four. Conversation was easy too, we just talked. Except everyone in my class, except for me, is from Texas, so I'm the only one in that class apparently who likes Obama. Douglas was saying how people around the world think Obama's a joke and foreigners don't like him. When he won, though, I got an e-mail from Rocio saying how good it is that he won and how happy Spain was that we finally have a good president. I personally think that he is what our country needed. Doug also was like, "where are the changes he promised?" Well, Obama can't fulfill all of them, but the health bill and wall street reform are certainly two huge changes. Well, anyways, I get my roommate back tomorrow. (yay!) She'll be a much happier Oyinna :-) Today, I did nothing. I wanted to go to the ATM but I took a 3 hour nap instead. I don't know why I'm so tired, and it's really bugging me. I hope I'm not that tired tomorrow. I guess it doesn't matter, I'm going to El Centro with Onna after class...I think...I've been reading Harry Potter 2 in Spanish, and it's actually really easy. Really easy. I've been reading Mafalda too, and I freaking love her. I find Mafalda to be a bit more challenging to read than Harry Potter. Towards the beginning of my AP Spanish class in high school, I remember Senora giving us one Mafalda comic strip to read and I remember being overwhelmed and not having any idea what on earth was going on except something about trees. Now, I have a better understanding. She wants to be a translator at the UN, and her friend wants to be a housewife. This whole reading in Spanish I am getting DOWN. Talking, I think I'm getting better. Not much better, but better. Lila's daughter told me today that I speak Spanish well. I speak it ok, my grammar when I speak sucks, haha. I had taller for my cultural class, and I didn't make pulseras, what a shocker. We did something else but I didn't have a chance to finish and I was really irritated. Tomorrow, I have cooking where I will learn to make guacamole. (yes!) Some of my friends had that class today and were telling me how to make guacamole and it sounds SO EASY! I can't wait! Never again will I eat store bought salsa, guacamole, or tortilla chips. Mm...I love homemade salsa...Well, here's the video from Xochicalco. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment