Sunday, July 25, 2010

Busy Weekend @ the Pueblos


Whoo! What a busy weekend. Yesterday, I went to Tlayacapan with Doug and Jenny as well as Tepotzlan once again. I didn't enjoy Tlayacapan as well as I know I could have if it wasn't raining. The ex-convent was really pretty though. Then Tepotzlan, I appreciated the village more because I sorta had more time to just walk around. We went to a cafe where I had Chai milk tea, which was SO GOOD. I hadn't realized how much I missed it. We then had sopes at a restaurant that Jenny's Mexican dad recommended. We just walked around and stuff. Then we went to the ice cream shop Tepotznieve where I got Tequila ice cream and ice cream of rose petals and both were SO ricos. So delicious. We found a group of people selling roses which were so pretty and the red ones smelled so good and so strong. It was $15 pesos for a dozen. QUINCE PESOS FOR A DOZEN! Roses are so BARATO here. I knew they were cheap here. Didn't know they were that cheap. They were so beautiful too. Today we went to Xochicalco which was so COOL. I love the ruins. These were really different from Teotihuacan. Certainly less tourists. There were more and it was just more interesting because like, to think of all that went on there and to think that they had meaning and use and all that was just so amazing. There were a lot too and I guess they were still excavating. A lot had been restored. It was really cool. We then went to Taxco which is where the silver mines are. I don't like it as much as Tepotzlan because it's smaller than Cuernavaca but it's bigger than Tepotzlan. It was really pretty because it's just mountains and all these houses were build on these mountains which was really beautiful. So, first thing we did was went to the big silver store where they told us about the silver. And gave us drinks. The first one though only had six drops of tequila. It was good. I couldn't remember what else was in it. I think lemonade or something. He told us how to tell real silver from fake silver which I'm already pretty good at. (I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to silver) So, afterwards, we went downstairs and there was tons of beautiful silver. Some of it more expensive some of it less expensive. I bought myself a ring. (surprise, surprise, lol) Then we went up to the cathedral which was so amazing. There were so many golf flakes and statues all over the place. I was disappointed we couldn't go in for mass. Well, we had lunch in this restaurant that was on top of a hotel, so we had an AMAZING view. I didn't really want to eat but every bit and every cent I paid was worth it. Afterwards, we walked around some more. There was a Tepotznieve so I had more ice cream. Then Heather, Lisa, and I ate soft serve ice cream from another place that was really good. Heather put granola and chocolate on hers and it looked so good I did the same. That was pretty much the end of Taxco. I wish I could have spent more time walking around to explore more of the city, but I saw the Zocalo and the Cathedral so those are what every city has that you have to see. I had a lot of fun this weekend. I honestly think I could spend at least another week or so exploring these pueblos. I would love to get to know Tepotzlan better. Maybe I'll go back after school sometime next week. Either way, I'll post videos up this week. Today I just have a pic of me not smiling and with my sunglasses on while standing in front of a pyramid at Xochicalco.

No comments:

Post a Comment