Monday, July 5, 2010

La Fiesta Para la Independencia de EEUU


Today was a pretty interesting day. So, I have a new teacher for my literatura, which I like a whole lot more than my teacher of last week. My teacher last week was really nice and made sure we understood everything, but my teacher this week, well, I'm not very good about asking questions, and my teacher this week answers my questions before I ask them so I don't have to, so I like that, lol. So, we got like 30 new students this weekend, so the cafeteria was a little overwhelming at lunch time. Now, we procured 30 new students, and my literatura class had a reduction of one student. So there's only me and this other dude. Then for my conversasion class en la tarde, there was a one student reduction. Which I think is better for me. I really liked the other girl in my class, and everything, but I'm not good with group conversation so I didn't talk much. Today, my profesora y yo talked the whole time. She realized I had trouble with my vocabulary, so she assigned me vocab homework. This way, I get more practice, which I need, and she knows where I need to work on my Spanish and how to improve and all that. I will miss having at least one other person in that class, but it's nice being the only one. Hoy mi clase de cultura fue cocinar. We cooked Sopa de Tortillas which is really delicious. So far the food we've cooked in that class is really easy. The tacos con pico de gallo we made last week will be a breeze to recreate at home in the US but the sopa de tortillas es tanto mucho mas facil! Just cut up and fry tortillas, cut and puree tomatoes and a little onion, and cook it all together in a sauce pan with chicken broth. Top it off with queso, crema, chiles y aguacate and you're good to go. It was really good too. Not everyone liked it so well as I did. I just thought it needed more chiles, lol. I woulda cooked the chiles with the sopa but they don't do that here in Mexico. They usually put the chiles on top. So after that was the BBQ. Lila came, and we started off with a scavenger hunt with questions regarding our nation's independence day. My team won cuz we were really good at figuring out the clues. We got dulces as a prize but I haven't really taken a look at them yet, so idk wat kind. Bueno, we had food. I ate a perrito caliente. It was alright. The tacos were really good. (yes, I had tacos at a Mexican bbq for the 4th of July on the 5th of July) Y arroz con leche!!! Fue lo mejor arroz con leche que comia en mi vida!!! Fue muy rica y dulce. La textura fue perfecta tambien. Me gusto mucho. :-) So, there's a bar down the street from the house here called Bull. A bunch of us are meeting there tonight to hang out. No more tequila for Violet. I'll stick with my Pina Coladas. They have yet to let me down, lol.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try some of your new dishes, Violet.

    ReplyDelete