Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sorry, Guys

Sorry about my entry yesterday, guys. It was just one of those days. Anyways, moving on. So, I've been worried about my classes because I felt my work hasn't been up to par. I checked my grades yesterday, and I'm doing well. I did realize that I don't need to go to cultural class, even though I do. We did Salsa today which was fun, as always. I learned a new Cuban dance that's really fun for like parties or something. Plus it's really easy. Conversation was kinda boring. We did like, vocab stuff. The interesting part was when we did trabalenguas, chistes y adivinanzas. We need to recite a trabalengua that she gave us by memory on I think Thursday, and I want to do "De tin marin, de do pingue, cucara macara titere fue, yo no fui, fue tete, pegale, pegale que ella merita fue." This is missing a bunch of accents and the double dots but you get the idea. It's a rhyme that's like "Eenie, Meenie, Minee, Moe" that children use. I think it's cute.
So, at the thought that I only have two weekends left, I realize I should make plans to finish everything I want to do. Here's my "Near Cuernavaca, Mexico" To do List. (What's left of it, anyway)
  • Taxco
  • Palacio de Cortes
  • Teopanzolco
  • Xochicalco
  • El Centro
  • Tlayacapan
This weekend, the school is going to Taxco and Xochicalco on Saturday. Some people from my conversation class are planning a trip on Sunday to I think Tlayacapan, but I'm not sure. We're planning a trip to two pueblos, so I'll do that. I was going to spend the day in El Centro but I think I'll do that on Friday after the excursion which I hope is to the Palacio de Cortes. I also want to go back to that market there to pick up a few things.
So I did something crazy today. I went to Wal*Mart to get a few necessities, and when I left, it was sprinkling. I asked myself if I should get a cab, but I voted against it, so I started walking. Not too long after there was thunder, lightening, and it started raining pretty hard. I still did not catch a cab. By the time it was at it's worst, I was halfway home. I could have stopped at the ice cream shop to get coffee and wait it out like an intelligent person, but I decided to just keep going. So, by the time I got back to the house, Lila had gone to class, and I was soaking wet, jaja. On the way back I was thinking I could put on my pajama pants and my sweatshirt and warm up. When I got back, I realized I dropped off my pants at the lavenderia today. So, not only did I have no pants but I didn't have any more shirts either, so I put on my shorts and my sweatshirt to dry off. Haha, oh, well. It was an experience.
Tonight I'm going to Los Arcos. It's raining, so I don't think I'll be dancing, but I'll still have fun. Everyone goes to Los Arcos, so I'll have tons of people to hang out with, etc. Hopefully they still have live music.

No comments:

Post a Comment