Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Las Problemas de las Clases


It rained again today. It was cold all day and then after our nap this afternoon, it rained. Oyinna and I wanted to go to the store so she could buy alimentos to cook dinner for us because for dinner Lila doesn't really cook anything. Tonight she just made, I don't even know wat it's called. It's the thing with ham and cheese between 2 tortillas. I guess here they don't really eat dinner. I've never seen Lila eat in the evening. Well, we ended up taking a nap and ten minutes after we woke up from our nap it started raining. I really didn't want to leave my warm bed after that, lol. Class was good. We'll be done with our literature book when we finish the test on Friday. I don't know wat we're doing next week. Conversation, we just do whatever cuz there's no grammar for me to work on. So, today, we did word exercises and she showed me drawings of different settings and had me identify actions and describe nouns. That was the first fifty minutes and we were done, but we still had another fifty of class left. So, I spent at least a half hour talking about Nick because she wanted me to talk and asked me about him. The exercise with the drawings makes me realize how poor my vocabulary is because these were drawings that children could describe, but I had trouble doing. It's not that I've never learned the words, I just haven't had a chance to use a lot of them, for example the farm. I didn't know the word for farm. I learned it, I just never used it so of course I forgot. And whenever my teacher has me talk or describe something, I realize how terrible I am at grammar. I have trouble conjugating some words and discerning when to use preterite versus imperfect AND I have trouble with vocabulary. It's funny, sometimes, when I talk in Spanish and am trying to think of a certain verb and can't, I sometimes can't think of what I'm trying to say in English either. I don't know, I'm just struggling and don't know how well I will be able to develop my skills in six weeks. It's a process, just a very long and somewhat tiresome and little discouraging at times. My teachers never make me feel bad about my skills, never. I love my conversation teacher, she's so helpful and understanding. I'm getting a new one next week but I don't want a new one, lol. We'll see how it goes, though. I do have four more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment